So your good friend just asked you to be one of her bridesmaids. Congratulations! Do you have $1,695 to spare? According to WeddingChannel.com, that is the estimated amount of money it costs to be a bridesmaid. My future hubby shared this article with me, and I was beyond shocked when I read it.
The infographic on the right breaks down the estimated costs. Attire, makeup, pre-wedding festivities and gifts all contribute to the total, but in my opinion, there are a lot of ways to cut expenses and save yourself some moolah (or scratch as my dad would say).
As a bride, it’s important to think about how your decisions will affect your wedding party’s pocketbooks. Here is a list of a few things I did to lighten the financial burden on my friends.
- I purchased the bridesmaid shoes and jewelry for the girls as presents
- We are having a combined bridal shower and bachelorette party per my request
- I created a “no-gift” policy for the combined party
- My sister is hosting the party in Omaha. It’s the guests that make the party, not the location
- I let the girls’ opinions guide the bridesmaid dress selection, so that they are more likely to wear them again (I know most people think this is impossible, but the dresses are pretty amazing)
Refer to the article for more ideas on how to save!